No More Ford / Lincolns For Me With Hancrook Tires...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by KW5413, Sep 15, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Wonder if this all goes back to the early 90's when Ford had a problem with Bridgestone? BTW, in that case, the issue was claimed to be that Bridgestone used some inferior rubber. But the real culprit was Ford running the tires too low on air. If you followed the door panel suggestions on tire pressure, you were going to have tire failures.

JWC 3 likes this.
  2. captchas

what oem tire dosen't wear out premi? conti's are no better,
    last i checked tire rack the oem's had near 1/3rd less thread new then the replacements of the same.

think those made in korea are bad check out the Krea made kumo's way to soft oe hard as rocks

Campspringsjohn likes this.
  3. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Now that's interesting to know!

4. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

The BFG M/T's on my Jeep, for one.

5. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

You ain't gonna believe this chit. I am at the lake house. Loaded the Navigator pushed the button to start it and the damned thing went dark. Dash flashed then one and done. Hooked up the battery charger and everything operated. So, here we go again sports fans, 21 months and 21,000 miles into this bitch and the battery fails. On a Sunday.

Hopefully once I start it I will get it the 75 miles home without further incident then Lincoln can come get their "f"ing truck.

6. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Volt meter reads just under 10 volts pre jump. Over 14 volts running so the alternator is good. Heading south at a high rate of speed and Lincoln can have it tomorrow. Whoa be on the service writer if they try to stick me on this deal....

7. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I had several batteries fail on new Ford's back in the 90's. I thought they fixed that. ......

56panelford likes this.
  8. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Made it home. Apparently smooth ass off the alternator. Door locks won't even work. Good thing the truck isn't locked or won't be able to open the hood to jump it tomorrow. Since I can't lock it, I need t make sure I get incidentals out so not so easy for punks to get in and steal anything overnight.

9. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I have had 5 batteries go bad this year.
    I think there is a bad back out there haunting the supply line.
    I have 1 sitting on my workbench now that I am in dispute with, 2nd time this year, same truck.

You might want to mention that ( calmly)

10. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Pop the hood then lock the doors.

11. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I remembered that they have that little puny key buried in the fob and the Driver's door has the only keyed locked. So, I dug it out of the fob. tested it and locked her up.

I, also, bought a Jump Starter to fire her up with in the morning. With two muscle cars and a 13 year old truck I figure it is better than a couple sets of jumper cables hoping for a good Samaritan come around.

12. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Hankook was a brand that made me seriously wonder about them just because of the name alone. But I put a set of them on the dually rear on the F250 I used to have, and they lasted so long it was amazing.

When the guy I traded it to hauled it off to be crushed - they still looked new!

13. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Why did you put a dually rear on your F250?

dustybumpers likes this.
  14. captchas

had a toyota taco with the same. 18k worn out, conti's on my 15 escape 15k and gone. both got coopers that did and are wearing good. yep the taco is gone lemon law'ed over the taco auto transmission shudder. pissy way they do a partial lockup of the TC makes for premi failer

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >