Not sure I belong here.

Discussion in '1948 - 1952 Ford F1, F2 and F3 Truck Forum' started by purplewg, Jun 16, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

There's something very familiar about you....lol Good to see you here Topper.:)

Woodmoto likes this.
  2. Woodmoto Founding Member

Yep, when I joined here I used a different tag. I haven't been on here much, but will be more. Good to see you here John!

56panelford likes this.
  3. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Now that you brought it to my attention I just noticed you joined a couple days after I did.

Woodmoto likes this.
  4. havi

My 1948 F1 has the letter C in the part numbers seen on the spring brackets, engine perches, etc.... but has the letter Y in the serial number stamped on the frame between the two stars. It also has the letter Y in the title in my name. As long as the title matches the frame serial number, I wouldn't worry about it. ( mine has the same number on the frame as on the cab, too) Who knows how many times the truck was bought and sold using the same number all this time, anyway, lol. This is in MN, and I'm sure the DMV people aren't going to spend much time scouring over an old truck looking for proper numbers in any state.. Point to the firewall, say this is my number, and they'd probably just nod and agree with ya, lol.

That said, you say it's been cut and spliced. The F4 frame rail is bigger than the F1-3, so I'd be leary of the welds at the joint.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  5. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I have found that many of the numbers on the frames are barely legible anyway, I have one frame that the numbers run off the edge of the frame leaving half the set of numbers.

6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Nice to see you here Havi.:)

7. havi

thanks, glad to be here. I just don't get out much these days, lol.

8. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

How are your projects coming along, what is it that you are working on now?

9. havi

This year's been yard-work. Got the old trailer house all gone now (collapsed a couple Winters ago from all the snow), and hope to break ground on the new shop in its place this Winter. My current garage has been falling apart, and I've been band-aiding it the last year or so. Work has slowed down a lot, (steel market is bad right now) so not doing much of anything, but we'll see how it goes. Meanwhile I gathered parts for my '49 F6 (too big for the garage), and am pecking away at my '47 Ford tudor sedan.... getting the chassis ready to just set the body on it, and put it in the portable shelter for the Winter. I haven't touched the F1 in a couple years, and will probably start that over the course of this Winter. I'd like to make it a rolling chassis by next Summer.

10. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

You should start a build thread on here when you get the chance.

11. havi

Plan to :)

12. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I have for this project and did start one for my finished panel which I should finish some day. I'm about to head to the shop now and do a bit of sand blasting in the cabinet blaster. Good to have had this chat and TTYL.

13. AXracer Founding Member

If you have a NC assigned vin# sticker and title that matches it, that assigned # is now and forever the legal ID # for that truck, no matter what or where else it is stamped, autographed, or whatever.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso