Odd Shifting "08"

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by oldtruckmechanic, Dec 29, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 57FordGuy Founding Member

I've seen a YouTube video about draining the torque converter. I'm about to search for how to refill it. Any idea?

2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The pump will fill the converter up in a few seconds, then check the fluid level and top off as needed.

3. 57FordGuy Founding Member

Would I want to overfill at 1st or just start and stop a lot?
    \

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Fill to where you normally would. It shouldn't take more than turning it over once or twice to completely fill it, after checking the level. The converter when there's enough fluid fills up fast, in a matter of seconds.

5. 57FordGuy Founding Member

I know this is an old thread but a good one to ask this. I checked my fluid level this week. Its a good color with no burnt smell. It just went over 11oK. But every now and then I get a hard shift at take off. A quick takeoff or very slow won't produce this, but a normal takeoff will be hard maybe 1 out of 10 times. I'm coming up on owning this a year and off and on its always done it. Is this normal?

6. ss200dt

Check TSB for 2008, Computer update to take care of that problem. Had mine flashed and problem went away.

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  7. 57FordGuy Founding Member

Who reflashed this for you?

8. ss200dt

I live in Louisville Ky. where we have 2 ford plants. A friend of mine who is a design engineer at Ford was able to reflash the PCM for me.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >