Veterans Zone Oh no another coffee thread. + coco :)

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by RexB, Dec 24, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Yesterday's horizontal rain is gone, now we're just windy.

Coffee and chocolate 'candy bars' to drink this morning, my sweet tooth won out.

Yesterday I scared a young buck walking through the woods - love seeing them leap off in great 7-10 foot bounds through the trees. Kept expecting it to mis-judge a little bit and hit *boink* into a trunk.

2. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Deer always miss things that are standing still. It's things that ROLL that they slam into.

A deer can be described as a highly concentrated heavy ball of spring wire under tension that releases itself completely when ever there is a car or truck to hit...

We should send some to the middle east in order to get even!

Can you imagine a deer that was strung out on caffeine? :wideyed:
    It would be more destructive than a cruise missile

These days I take folgers Columbian mixed half with dollar store morning blend and done in a French squincher. I add spices to it and hope my blood pressure normalizes in an hour or two...

I found a coffee creamer at walmart that makes that taste like it has peanut butter in it.

(Yeah, I know. That sounds very weird) :shifty:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  3. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

:rofl:anim
    you ain't kidding, one of those leaping boneheads took out the front end of my Mustang.
    Two days later the warden heard and came over to "take it for the orphanage". It was hot summer, i'd already dressed it and a farmer butchered for me. I showed the warden the wrapped packs in the freezer, he said nevermind and i gave him a couple of steaks.

Hills Bros cappucino and hot chocolate mix today. ZZZzzt 180/90.

4. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

At the wrong end of the day, but we are back home from the Warden's retirement trip. Suffice it to say that it was the trip from hell, the Warden is thinking that if this is retirement, she is ready to go back to work. Mr. Jack Daniels tonight with a little Columbian roast for flavor.

5. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

"...the trip from hell..."
    I read your post in another thread Jim, camper and boat probs stink. i won't ask what "catastrophic" on the trailer meant.
    Welcome back from surviving the first week of the Warden's retirement :)
    What'd it mean?

6. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Good morning all. Straight coffee this morning. Jack and I decided it was a bad idea to spend much time visiting last night, so we parted ways after a "light" conversation.

Guess I'll post a few pics in the Oregon thread in a little bit. Have to get them off the camera first.

Coffee this morning with a touch of Chocolate and Caramel. Not bad really.

7. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Somewhere I read that coffee was good to kill off gout. Since I can't seem to live without it this is a good thing...

When you think about "first thing in the morning" what is the natural first idea you have?

"Where the (F) is my cup - and is it made already..."

The second idea is to go pee, and if you are smart you take a dump - thus relieving yourself of yesterdays reports

Now you are mostly ready for the morning meeting - is there anything new?

It's kind of like wiping your database

8. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Best thing for getting rid of gout is............no booze.

9. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I did that for three weeks - I found after a while I had lost a great deal of motivation

It's like a video game in some ways - you can play the VANILLA version for a while and congratulate yourself on doing it the hard way, but eventually you wonder what you were missing...

Besides, I'd never have experienced Kenya Coffee in Mombasa if I had lacked a taste for such

(The "Hunters Lounge" - it was definitely YUMMY!)

I still believe what Admiral BULL Hulsey said:
    "Never trust a man who doesn't smoke or drink"

* Though the choices of what to smoke are broadening these days...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >