Oil leak on 2000 7.3

Discussion in '1997 - 2003 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by sandtaz, Mar 28, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. sandtaz

Pictures did not work. Never could get the right angle. How bout if I remove the air inlet tube/pipe on the right side. Thanks.

2. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

You can remove the tube, but it's still a pain to get the right shot. But as you can see from my photos, it can be done. You just kinda have to shoot the pictures blind, and take lots of them to get the right shot.

3. sandtaz

Will keep trying. Thanks for the encouragement.

4. sandtaz

I managed to get a couple of pics using smart phone. Lots of oil and crud. Don't know if this is the correct area but it appears to be the base of the pedestal. At least that is where I pointed the phone.

0409161534a.jpg #ad

0409161540.jpg #ad

5. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

That's the wrong side of the pedestal to see the EBPV, but it looks like it might be leaking between the pedestal and the block. Hard to tell though.

6. sandtaz

I should have said what direction it was taken from. Picture is looking from front to back of engine. Camera was placed just behind the high pressure oil pump. Thanks.

7. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Good shot of the pedestal mount. There's an o-ring between the pedestal and block. Unless it's being blown on there from another location, it sure does look like that o-ring is leaking. (there's 2 of them in there.

8. sandtaz

Thanks for the response. Any suggestions on "another location" for source of leak?

9. sandtaz

Well into the process of getting to o-rings on pedestal. I am having a problem removing the v-clamps on the turbo. I have had the clamps soaking in WD40 for a couple of days but clamps will not budge. Any tricks for getting them off. Don't want to hit them too hard for fear of breaking something. That one in the rear is really difficult to get to. Thanks for any advice.

10. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

I usually use a small, angled screwdriver type pry bar.
    upload_2016-5-1_15-27-52.jpeg #ad
    If you can get the tip between the v-band and the turbo and tap it they will usually pop right off one section at a time. Putting them back on can really suck.

11. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Either a pry bar to pop it off, or a screwdriver and hammer to knock it loose. Sometimes it takes more than you think it should. Once the end breaks free, use the screwdriver or prybar and work your way around it. Once you get half way or so, the hole thing comes loose usually.

12. sandtaz

Thanks all. Will give it a good rap for the gipper. I can only see the top of the one in the back. Can the nut be taken off and the clamp then worked off? Sprayed more penetrating oil on today.

13. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Yes you can take the nut off, but the clamp won't want to budget unless you convince it to with a little force.

14. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >