Old's Kool '61 Unibody Build

Discussion in 'Ford Truck Builds' started by Fabson, May 1, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Fabson Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Thanks Bill. I'll likely be going with mummert: http://www.ford-y-block.com/forgpiststk.htm

I am looking for a 312 crank 10 or even 20 under to get the mains turned down to 292 spec, stroked rod journals and smaller journal rods to match (for clearance also), though.

2. BKW Founding Member

Does Mummert make his own pistons, or does he buy them from Egge?

I doubt Mummert would tell you, but Egge might, so you should call 'em and ask.

1949/59 Ford Passenger Car Parts Catalog only lists the standard 312 crankshaft (B6A-6303-C).

No Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    The 272/292 crank is the same, was also used in trucks (B9TE-6303-A).

I struck out again, no Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  3. Fabson Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Thanks again Bill. I've got three "usable" 292 cranks, but WANT a 312;). Not many 'round here....when I can afford it:sorry:. Besides, I think the ol' 292 still has some life left...........

4. BKW Founding Member

Several years ago, I got a tip from a "fellow member" who said there were brand new 312 long blocks in a boat shop in Petersburg AK

But what the price for them is I dunno, and shipping them by barge to Bellingham, then trucking them to CA will be very expensive, probably more than they are worth.

5. wpnaes Southwest Chapter

Looking great Harley.

6. Fabson Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Time to dig her out....
    DSCF1520.JPG #ad

It's in there, somewhere...
    DSCF1521.JPG #ad

How the hell did we get this thing in here?!?
    DSCF1522.JPG #ad

Time to start making a list for brake lines, brackets, stainless hardware, and stainless stock for custom bits.....
    DSCF1524.JPG #ad

.........................:cool:anim...........................

wpnaes, dustybumpers and 56panelford like this.
  7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Looking good!

8. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

This should give me the kick in the pants I need to start painting the frame on my OBS.

9. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

No updates lately Harley....how come.:)

10. Fabson Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Truth be told, it got moved from one warehouse to another!:tmi:anim:rolleyes:anim:mad:anim As of yet, just haven't had the time to clean a spot in the shop that I can fill with this now.....Progress has been achieved with other jobs/projects lately though.....Guess I'll have to dig out the sandblaster and prep the springs, drive lines, and brackets for color.....;)anim....soon (?...fingers crossed. Dammit!):smirk:anim

56panelford likes this.
  11. Sick6

Very nice! The Y blocks are the only engines I like with the distributor in the back lol. There are some 292's and 312's around here yet, I can check with a friend this week. Can't remember if it was a 292 or 312 I sold him, It was in a '57 Mercury. I think it was a transplanted 312.

12. Sick6

Coming up empty, is was a 312 but he sold it, another junkyard sold the last of the 312 stuff...If anything pops up I will let you know.

13. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I take it dad has you too busy for any updates...lol

14. wpnaes Southwest Chapter

Would love to see a body on that yellow frame!

15. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

So would Harley............................lol

wpnaes likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso