Opinions on buying 1968 f250 cab

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by becconner91, Jan 26, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Pushmower

I do like the look and patina! Thank you for sending it.
    I get the snow bound thing. I'm sure there is a lot more snow there, but I am in Michigan. We get enough snow and ice to make it interesting to pull a trailer.
    I am hoping to get a cab in the barn before the snow flies. Once it's in the barn I can stay busy on it all Winter.
    I went down to Ohio yesterday, and visited with my brother and nephew. I also picked up the cherry picker we have been passing back and forth since we got it.
    My nephew did some research on Facebook and found a cab for sale in Pennsylvania. It looks great, but I need to make sure that a 68 to 72 cab will work with my doors and all the other parts. I only saw pictures but I can see the heater controls are not for a 67.
    Long story short. If this cab will work and it is still available. I will go down and get it asap before the snow and ice hjt.

2. Oldiesask

Actually, you get worse snow than we do, I've been there.
    We get crispy snow that drifts around parked trucks and stays there all winter, and the roads aren't plowed around there, it's just vacant land, nearest plowed road is a mile away.

3. Pushmower

So you don't have as much of the icy roads. Once your ground freezes it stays frozen, right? And since they aren't salting the road every time it snows, your vehicles don't get as rusty.
    At the risk of sounding ignorant, is it like the show "Rust Valley Restorations" ?

4. Oldiesask

That was sort of true in the '70s, but de-icing technology has improved, and the public today want clear roads. Todays products are highly corrosive, and a lot is needed at lower temperatures. I have found that anything which has been off the roads before about 1980 is pretty solid, depending on how it was stored. My 3 project trucks were farm trucks, used on the farm but not really driven much on winter roads, so they survived pretty well' but those are very hard to find now.

5. Pushmower

I talked to a guy at desert valley auto parts in Arizona today. I am going out there to get a cab, inner fenders, and radiator support. All from the same 67 truck. I know it's a long drive, but I like driving through that part of the country. And the parts are in good shape.

6. RP67F100

Thanks for the contact! Talked with Jeff at DVA today and he has a couple trucks with trim
    Gotta work out the details, so maybe maybe
    Thanks again

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso