Power steering problems

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by kossuth2016, Sep 13, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. kossuth2016

My new steering shaft will be here Thursday so when I get home on Sunday I'll put it in and see if it stops. Let y'all know asap

dustybumpers likes this.
  2. kossuth2016

Ok just got the new steering shaft installed and it still does the same thing. Feels like it's jumping when you turn the wheels. When I rev up the motor it all turns just fine. Oh and the shaft i ordered now has my steering wheel turned where is sideways. The u joints on my old shaft where not frozen up at all so might me re installing it so my steering wheel is back straight. What else could this be causing my steering to feel stiff and locking up

3. kossuth2016

Also just changed my power steering fluid tonight just to be on the safe side of having fresh fluid in it

4. kossuth2016

And noticed while I was under my truck looking at the rack and pinion for loose bolts I noticed that my sway bar bushings are bad will this have any effect on my steering. Don't see how but I am not a mechanic just know the basic how to swap parts and stuff most anyone would know

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >