Ranger Ranger with the hic-cups

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by fredinct, Mar 2, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It's not the right filter.................as I said above 4.0 ohv FL1A 4.0 SOHC FL802 (or equiv.)
    I know of NO exceptions to this.
    FL400 is for a 3.0 V-6

56panelford and dustybumpers like this.
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Dave hit the ball out of the park on this one.......

3. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Take it to a quicky change place?.............those morons probably had no correct filters and slapped on whatever would thread on.

56panelford likes this.
  4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

LOL, probably an old MOPAR filter.......

5. fredinct

So is the majority thought is that once I get the weird one off the stock one should fit correctly. I am going to be snowed in for a couple of days according to the weather reports, and may get a chance to remove the strange one. I do have a stock filter on hand.
    And thanks for the information and the help as always.

Fred

dustybumpers likes this.
  6. fredinct

Finally I could back under the truck with an assortment of filter wrenchs borrowed from a friend. and got the weird filter off tiny little thing. But the rubber gasket matched the filter that is suppose to fit so I put that on and will need to watch for leaks. Made it to work this morning will check before leaving tonight. As always thank you all for the help and advice.

Fred in Connecticut

dustybumpers likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >