Removing mold from vents

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by mete, Jul 4, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Kind of like a turbo cool down, eh?

JWC 3 likes this.
  2. mete

Like VN chopper pilots - couldn't train them to cool down the turbos when landing .They just turned it of and walked away .Then had to dodge the pieces !! :rolleyes:

JWC 3 and dustybumpers like this.
  3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

What I've been doing with all of my new toys is complete dash ripouts and right down to it cleaning and refurb of all the vent parts. One of the big problems in the small cars was that the A/C evap core would get plugged by mold and dirt etc... and it would block off most of the airflow in the entire system, so my answer was to strip out all the surrounding parts and clean it out for good and all.

In the process, I found out I was more than a little allergic to a lot of stuff I cleaned out of there, I fixed a lot of potential wiring and other glitches the R&Ring the dash exposed, and installed a few custom options in a way that worked out very clean and factory looking.

A dash panel and everything in it tends to be the very last part of any car or truck that most people ever explore. If you do it without any leftover screws and fasteners, you can call yourself an expert. The flip side of that is that it is amazing all of the cover-ups and half assed stuff you find when you go through one the right way...

* Which reminds me - I need to drop by Fastenal and see if they have any big bags of J-nuts and clip type fasteners.

4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Gorrilla tape......

JWC 3 likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >