she's almost ready to roll over...

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by jniolon, May 8, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Gottcha
    I have done a couple of 40's chevrolet trucks, and the transmission choices do make a difference in the floor arangement.
    Good to know.

2. Yamagrant Canadian Chapter

I have the same bracket in my 56. I believe it is also a seat Mounting reinforcement. Lookin good.

3. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Hello Mr. Niolon , I was wondering if you have found the piece in question. Wish you were closer, you could have the original piece I've got here.

4. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

Hey John.... didn't find one.... made one. Took a piece of 2" rectangular tubing and sliced off one side so it's 2" across the bottom with 1.5" sides. I didn't realize till I put it in place that that portion of the floor is arched... I cut a kerf in the middle and one on each side 1/2 way to each end and arched it to fit... when I was happy I welded up the kerfs and ground it down smooth... here's what happened... will shoot a little primer on it tomorrow (rain out tonite) and weld it in... then the Monstaliner gets put on... thanks for pointing it out... I'd have never known

john:cool: Img_0370.jpg #ad
    Img_0370.jpg #ad
    Img_0376.jpg #ad
    Img_0370.jpg #ad
    Img_0376.jpg #ad
    Img_0372.jpg #ad

oledad, dustybumpers and 56panelford like this.
  5. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

:nod:You are going to be glad you did that John

6. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Beautiful Job! well done!

7. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Yes that looks real good there, well done

8. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Anything new to report John?

9. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

no John.... had cataract surgery on both eyes and been restricted from body work... I did get an estimate from a painter... now I gotta go back to work to pay for that !!

10. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

You need to learn and do it for yourself so you don't have to work, I'm talking about the paint not the cataract surgery, I'd leave that to the professionals :)

11. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

yea, that surgery thing is a pro guy thing... soon as I gave me the sleepy meds I'd loose tract of what I was doing and end up with a nose job...

12. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

John's right about the painting. It's actually easier than some of the mods you've written up.
    You ought to try it.....

13. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I did my panel , first time with a base/clear coat, it's not perfect and I can pick out the flaws quicker than most, I'll be doing this pickup when it's ready and know what I'd do different next time too. I'll concentrate on the cab and doors first ,then do the fenders and hood and so on . With all the work you have done John I have every confidence you would be able to do it and feel rewarded.

14. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

well thanks John... but you give me far too much credit... as much as I have invested in time and treasure (and it's a lot !) I wouldn't attempt my 'first' paint job on this truck... I've sweated and bled enough to cover it in that but the paint will be professionally laid...sanded and buffed... it's not gonna be a trailer queen but I'd hope for a magazine pic maybe... really after all this time... I just want something that I can drive and enjoy with my grandson.

15. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I wouldnt paint my own either, thats some thing I dont mind paying for

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >