So what does it take to make a 17 year old truck look new?

Discussion in '1997 - 2003 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by TeamBrahma, Apr 25, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

Likewise, Alex. As for the painting underneath, between the Eastwood paints I've used on it, cleaning it all the way to bare metal (no scale anywhere - especially behind the cab), and the other stuff I've used on it, rust seems to be staying away. Will especially help that I don't drive it unless absolutely necessary in the winter.

And in yet another proud papa moment, gotta brag about the "Award of Excellence" I got to take home this past weekend. Kind of a big deal, as there are only say ten trucks out of the 1000 or so judged that win these. I didn't place in my class, but this is satisfying in that perspective - doesn't mean I won't keep working at it to place.

990605e68d842462dd54bf03d0a6b24f.jpg #ad

2. paredneck33

Congrats on the award Bill. It certainly is a fierce competition with judged car shows like Bloomsburg. The Bull sure is a good looking truck .

3. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Looking good !!!!
    One step closer, every show.

4. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

Thanks. It's a tough field, for sure...just glad to hold my own at that kind of an event.

Yup. Now it's on to Carlisle again - hoping to make things happen there this year. Another stout field to go against though so I gotta bring the A game.

5. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

So lately all I seem to be doing is posting trophy pics. I feel like I'm overstepping my bounds a little on this one.

Since Bloomsburg, I spent some time doing repairs. Leaky brake lines were an issue that got resolved, among other things. But, this past weekend was Carlisle Truck Nationals, a show I've never really done well at in part because they grouped trucks from 1998 all the way up to "present" together. That's a wide range to cover and older trucks have a hard time hanging with the brand new stuff. This year, they regrouped things a bit, and put me in a "97-03 Ford Full Size 4x4 Lifted/Street" which puts me against late OBS trucks and early Super Duties, as well as my vintage of F150. Well - when they did that, this happened:

0ccce468781b3fc4e336faa576fab181.jpg #ad

The plaque at the right front wheel is "First Place" in class. Can't say enough about how proud I am of those who have helped me achieve this one. I can't and don't do this alone and have a trusted circle of friends who made this possible. And to do it in Carlisle, where this team came together 7 or 8 years ago - how special it is....

The big shows are done for the year now. I do have a couple charity events yet left, but they're not judged shows.

dustybumpers likes this.
  6. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Hot Damn!!!!!!
    Finally there. I'm glad for ya Bill!
    A long and lonely, hard trip, but you finally got the gold ring!

7. pirahnah3 Founding Member

congrats on the award, it is always gratifying to win something that you have put your hard work, blood, sweat, and tears into.

8. paredneck33

Congrats Bill. Really wish I could have made it to the show. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess. Hopefully next year I can make it back.

9. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

Thanks guys. This has been a heck of a ride this summer, winning at three big events in a row. Really looking forward to 2016 and bigger goals.

10. Truck Runner

Truck looks great!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >