Sources For Fasteners

Discussion in 'The Fabricators Corner' started by Greywolf, Oct 7, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I guess so Jim.

2. Kajtek1 Founding Member

Hope you are not planning to move soon?
    I am cleaning my garage and shed for planed move in few months and so fur dumped about 2000 lb of fasteners, pipes, chunks of steel and iron alone.
    Lot of good tools went to garbage as well as nobody will pay me even $2 for a good hammer and I don't really need 25 of them.
    Coming to fasteners. I use ACE in my county, where 1 of them specialize in industrial/marine supply .
    They have whole long isle just for fasteners and have metric bolts in stainless steel as well.

3. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

The warehouse at the mine I worked decided to trash a bunch of fasteners that didn't seem to move that much, I brought home what I could and thought I could make use of , but we filled 3 1/2 45 gallon drums and scrapped them. Then some of the old equipment that started to break down and required these fasteners , they had to special order and restock them all over again. Really saved them a bundle...lol

4. Old 86

Hey 56panelford: The PNGs (pencle neck geeks) or number crunchers have a term for this. They call it " the cost of doing business". Me, I call it "pure unadulterated waste". Got to love it when the boss comes to you and asks for something and your reply is "No sir, you told us to throw those away last week". Ace is my first go to and Fastenal for odd stuff. Our Ace has rows of pull out boxes of hardware in brass, steel, stainless, black, galvanized, and even some plastic. Some people say the prices are too high, to me it's one stop shopping so I can get back to the task at hand, instead of wasting time with another stop. I won't go to Home Delay for any nails or fasteners and Blowes wanted $1.85 for 1 grade 8 3/8-16x2". That was the last time I bought hardware there. Both West Marine stores are more that 30 miles from me, but they have a very good selection of standard and metric in stainless. Old 86

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso