Spark Plug Class Action Settlement

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by FTZ HAIC, Oct 25, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 57FordGuy Founding Member

I thought I would find the button on this page. But if you go back to the page listed "2004 - 2008 F150 Trucks" (either from the Forums tab or hitting that name highlighted on the list getting to this thread - Home>Forums>Newer Trucks>2004 - 2008 F150 Trucks) on the right hand side there's a "Post New Topic" button. Give the new thread a title and off you go.

2. captchas

news to me, only the 5.4L what happened to the other 3 v motors like the 6.8 v10 that had the same issue, my 05 v10 had a plug blow out at 15k , found blown apart also had 3 found seized into the heads
    TG it was under warranty , replace 2 heads

3. 57FordGuy Founding Member

Just to restart this thread, I'm about to embark on changing my plugs. Trying to research iridium or platinum. Or double platinum. I miss the 70's/80's when you just went out and bought spark plugs! One YouTube video states he used Seafoam to remove a lot of carbon before he started. I can't imagine this will help much unless there is a ton of carbon built up around the tip of the plug.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You couldn't pay me to Seafoam any of my engines. :)

Follow the Ford TSB, with a penetrating oil soaked into it. I've had good luck with their procedure.

Motorcraft, Autolite and the aftermarket plugs are platinum. Other than that, there are silver plugs but they are made to be colder heat range plugs for turbocharged and supercharged engines, and only last about 25,000 miles -- and you can't get them are regular parts stores.

5. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I now use a cordless impact to remove them. Best results this way in my experience.

56panelford likes this.
  6. kossuth2016

Done my plugs with the motor hot. They fought to the last thread made lots of noise but came out in one piece. Oh yea over 200k on the original plugs and I did use sea foam on two fill ups prior to changing plug

7. dhorner

I recently purchased an 06, 5.4 from a fella. With it, he Gave me a folder with all the work he'd done to it since it's been brand new. At 110,000 he took it to the Ford dealer for a tune up. They charged him over 500 dollars to do everything. Also the class action lawsuit, firm is in there. I'm sure he got his 300 bucks out of the deal. I'm a truck driver, I may only put at most 1400 miles on a vehicle a year. I think I'm good for a long time...lol

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >