Stop light inop

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by fiveseven1957, Jun 13, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. fiveseven1957

I just came from garage everything is installed correctly. I bought a conversion kit from summit, everything fit like it should . except the problem im having. I measured the length from frame to inside of radius rod it was 5 inch both sides. The two tie rod ext are the same. I wonder if they make a longer one to get some clearance .

2. iicap

If you look at the DJM video. It looks like there are star washers involved in the tie rod extensions. One looks like there are two star washers atop each other. That would possibly lower tie rod abit. Another thought is the tie rod to right side is hooked to pitman arm. If the pitman arm had more drop, it might pass thru right radius arm with out interference. You cannot correct your bump steer until you get the Tie Rod Assembly on the same plane as the dropped axel. DID YOU CUT the oil springs or are they original stock height. Wasn't this kit really a 3 inch drop and someone stated cutting the coil spring 1.5 inches if you wanted the full 4 inch drop

3. fiveseven1957

Hi Rich I was
    Well I called and e mailed some photos to DJM and they said FROM THE PHOTOS I SENT the I beams are on backwards. I switched them out and wala Fixed. It pays to read the instructions. Thanks for advise.

4. iicap

Cool, glad your resolved, Happy Motoring!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >