Teenager Vehicle Again

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by riggers, May 4, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. riggers Founding Member

Not! My excursion isn't that easy to drive.

2. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

Yep, you won't find and of those cars in the west for $300 unless the engine or transmission are blown. The bodies are never the first thing to go unless they have been in an accident. Fifteen year old Super duties with a 7.3 and decent mileage will sell north of $20,000.

What's your budget riggers?

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  3. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

What about a V6 Mustang

4. riggers Founding Member

It's not my budget that's killing me. It's finding something worth the money they are asking. I've not bought a used car like this in a good while and I can't believe how incredibly expensive they seem to be. I don't want something with 100k+ miles that will be breaking down constantly and needing repairs. The one thing I don't have any MORE of is TIME. I can't give any more time than I'm already giving. Stretched thin as it is.

5. riggers Founding Member

I'm seriously considering moving into my rent house and either renting or selling my home. I just need for something to give somewhere and living in town would make a lot of things so much easier.

6. riggers Founding Member

I like sports cars but insurance will be high to put a 15 year old in a mustang... not sure that's the best choice. I'm not completely opposed.. I did find a nice mustang on the facebook automobiles page... as well as a few other cars that weren't too far out of range. I am such a methodical decision maker usually. I feel overwhelmed trying to make a quick decision and not having the time I'd like to dedicate to making the best choice possible.

7. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

That's always the problem with buying used. I'd go by the overall condition of the car rather than getting hung up on mileage though. I'd rather buy a newer car with high mileage than an older car with low mileage. All you have to do is change the oil once in a while and most any car will go well over 200,000 these days.

It will make shopping easier if you say to yourself you want to spend $5-7000 dollars or what ever you price range is and then pick the best cars that you find at that price.

8. MCDavis Founding Member

For reliability and relatively low cost of ownership, it's hard to look past an early 2000's Honda Civic or Accord. Great car for teenagers...not incredibly fast...easy on fuel...maintenance costs are low...inexpensive (relatively) to repair. Just throwing in my $.02, are you opposed to that idea?

BKW likes this.
  9. riggers Founding Member

I'm not opposed to anything. Lol.

10. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

Yep, living in the country is tough with kids. Pretty soon they are all going to be pulling you in different directions.

11. MCDavis Founding Member

BKW likes this.
  12. riggers Founding Member

Except for her driving my cars

13. riggers Founding Member

That's what's happening now.

14. BKW Founding Member

Even though I've typed 58,000+ posts on FTE in 8 1/2 years, I don't know you, or what state you live in.

15. riggers Founding Member

Lubbock, Tx.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >