The Horrible Hacks People Do With Their Cars And Trucks....

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by FTZ HAIC, Aug 5, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

LOL, especially when he makes it light colors! ( sometimes it's gray, sometimes light blue, sometimes light green) LMAO

2. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

AH! Sorry about that - The thought train was of course that if LARGE type was a "HOLLERING" then small type was thought of as a whisper...

I wondered what the hell that compressor was on. I thought it hadda be in a clapped out old ghetto car or a farm truck. A Freightliner is a whole other thing, you'd expect someone with a big investment like that wouldn't:
    A) Take matters into their own hands and do something totally senseless, or...
    B) Let a complete and total MORON do anything at all to it.

Let us know if you can find out the rest of the story, who did that, where, and why.
    If it was an on the road fix - it could have left that truck beltless, and since serpentine systems usually include the coolant pump - possibly even blown the whole works.

Try to be diplomatic so as to get the whole story, even though it's as obviously funny as a chicken ranchers wife bitching about birdpoop on her sidewalk...

PS: That's an impressive TOP END on the REAR END on the FRONT END
    (just sayin')

"We bin fixin' thangs on our daddies farm all our lives - Uh huh, uh huh..."

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

~ Some doin's from down around where I'm at. Compare this to the 'Yellastang' above, the whole front end was modified for the intercooler associated with the centripetal charger in this recent year GT

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Pictured in the red shirt in the drive is my Bud from across the way after he got off work. The car was brought to him for some idea exchanging.

EVERYTHING fits right

The only thing that destinguishes it from any other Mustang GT of that year is the lime green paint.
    Or at least - when the hood is closed....

4. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

The truck came in for overheating and loosing prime . It just came from another shop that did an inframe and repaired the ac .....
    # 6 injector cup was missing the end , injector toasted , pulled the head , one third of the piston top was no where to be found !
    Some fine work ... half the bolts were missing or loose . The head gasket showed signs of damage as if folded or pinched .

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

SO - if you were an investigator - where would you say the the wrong-doers were?

Based on what you have already said - I'm guessing the shop it came from needs to be out of business

But the trail probably goes farther than that

What's the owner like?
    Does he act like he has all the answers, or is he an honest guy that seems like a victim?

IE: Does he talk too fast to be for real
    * If you can't get a word in without an explanation, sumthin's up

Is it a company truck or an independant?

I'd say do the whole thing by the numbers and hand him the bill.
    Or a mechanics lean...

6. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

The guy is from an area with some poor shops . A real backwoods hole in the middle of no where . I think I here banjos type of place where a few smiles show a tooth . I here some sad stories from the area ...... My horse got molested then they ate him , and the dog, I am still trying to come to grips with , type of place .
    Sorry if I do not express my feelings in a clear manner .

7. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I hear you loud and clear - JACKHOLE CITY.
    Where every dropout goes to get a leg up

And when nothing else worked, the guy finally shelled the cash to get it done right.
    This is the point where YOU had to pick up the pieces left by people who had no clue....

This is why I don't work for anyone else anymore. Too often you have to clean up somebody else's mess

But the biggest mistake was the owner trying to find a cheap way out, and that is why you need to hold his feet to the fire on payment

He thought he was slick.
    BEWARE!
    He still thinks so

Don't release the truck until it's paid full up.
    WORD

I have a philosophy about that - people who try to cheap their way out are used to skinnying by the price. They will always do it, even if you are someone new who gave them a fair deal.

That's why I never deal with assholes like that.

"First time shame on you - second time shame on me"
    Has become:
    "I saw what you did. PAY UP, SUCKER! On the front end..."

You have a fool as a client, isn't that so?

Beware of fools, lest they cost you

*He states quietly*

But somewhere down in there is a real life idiot - and that is the guy I'd like to beat to death.
    Because that stupid punk doesn't care what they did...

But they took someones money for doing it.

I'm angry about this, I always get mad when I hear about these things - but what can I do except be mad? I'm sorry, I just hate crappy people who claim they know their stuff.

*I am trying very hard not to post extremely hateful things

My bottom line is that if you don't know your stuff - you need to leave well enough alone

56panelford likes this.
  8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

There's a bunch of them out there Wolfie
    Gave a price yesterday to my buddy to put a 4.9 in his son's new to him 95 e 150
    Seems dad told him to change the oil and filter, so he took the filter off, and started it to get the oil out..................
    First I gotta get the power washer out, and clean the interior up a bit.................

9. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I learned how to use and adjust my first real paint gun from a bodyman (Hereafter referred to as: "Bubba") at an RV dealership who is the very last guy on earth you want to do anything except prep and shooting paint.

He volunteered himself to R&R the heater core in one of the salesmans F150 truck. How he was allowed to work on that when he had real work he needed to be doing for the dealership I don't know... Maybe it was because he was trying to hurry it up before the boss noticed what he was doing on company time that he whipped out a pneumatic saber saw and carved the ducting under the dash to pieces instead of pulling the dash like he should have.

When he got done, there was no way in hell air was going to go through that heater core, or come out the vents at all. Dude didn't even bother to tape over the damage he did, just slapped it all back under the dash and threw away the left over bits of ducting. And if that isn't bad enough - one fine day the janitor and wash ramp guy filled up one of the shop trucks with unleaded regular, both tanks. Unfortunately it was a RAM 1500 DIESEL.

So Bubba volunteers himself to get the gasoline out of the shop trucks tanks. I found that out when I turned around from my tool box one day and saw him sticking the hose of a wet and dry vacuum cleaner into the fuel filler. He had duct taped some one inch tubing to the end of the hose to feed it down into the tank, this was his bright idea of the day. He was two steps away from discovering what is meant by "FUEL/AIR EXPLOSIVE DEVICE" when I (F)ing SCREAMED at him to stop right in his tracks.

Picture it, fuel vapor and air mix in a six gallon vac with probably a fair amount of liquid gasoline in it by then, and then meet up with the sparks from the armature of the electric motor that runs it...
    This blows up and ruptures both tanks of the shop truck - spewing flaming fuel everywhere.

I marvel sometimes at how some people can sleep through such an interesting class as Science when they are in school.

And that is another reason why I have no intention of going back to work at a real job if I can evade it - there are rocket scientists out there who will get you killed. They are not qualified to do what they do, but they were hired because dangerous, foolish, careless or what have you, they get jobs done fast by cutting any and all corners that they can to be finished more quickly.

I have often thought that we have flat rate to thank for the demise of craftsmanship.

* Feel free to rate this rant on a scale of one to ten, thank you!

**Remind me sometime to tell you all about an RV Tech(?) that I think of as: "Mister Big"

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso