the rattletrap, my 494,000 mile F-SuperDuty

Discussion in '1987 - 1991 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by 1970something, Mar 8, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

what did you tell her?
    the proper answer is only one legal to drive on the road at the current time.
    8 trucks, 5 cars, and 2 boats..

2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Yup. told her they were all tagged and insured too
    She said you was almost as bad as me.........

3. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

yup, all tagged and insured except for the one i am cutting up for superduty parts.
    they actually all run and drive too. except for the falcon, there is no gas tank in that.

4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

superduty got a front rear with 3.55's in it?
    I could use it........

Same here, no need in having it if it ain't a runner........

5. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

nope, 2 wheel drive.
    i picked it up for $1.100 with a "blown motor"
    had a cracked flex plate.
    all i wanted was the cab anyway. i sold the bed and tailgate for $800, have the 5.4 engine old for $500, 4R100 transmission sold for $300, rear rear sold for $200, and whatever is left of the bad cab and frame will go over the scales.
    going to put the fenders, hood, grill, header panel, dash, air bags, steering column, radiator, and other small parts in stock for spare parts.
    i have two of these trucks, there are two at the body shop, a friend has 4 of them, and all the guys i plow with have them too.
    this is actually the second one i parted out. i got a 2002 4 door 2 wheel diesel that blew the turbo and the engine ran away off engine oil before it tossed a rod through the pan for $400 out of delaware 4 years ago. took the doors and hood off it, and then cut that one up in 3 days and made 2 grand off it.

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Whatever you do, I sure hope you can get a picture when it hits 500,000!

7. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

that is the plan, have a picture of the odometer reading all zeros and tagging a 5 in front of them.

8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Ken, we are having a race between us, I have a 89 here with 494,000 on it.....Tom is going to have to buy me an oil change if I beat him to the half mill mark.

He never said what I have to buy him yet.

This morning the starter in the 89 wouldn't start it, and it was just replaced last fall....
    I guesss NAPA is gonna get it back tomorrow

going to be fun pulling the starter on a truck with a 12" lift with my arm still in a cast, and my shoulder in a sling

9. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

if i get to the half mill mark first you agreed to buy me a new truck, remember?

10. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Naa auhhhhh

I ain't That 'tupid
    J would cut off my balls

11. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

i thought she already did.

how is the shoulder doing?

12. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

not good

Going to find out thurs how much not good, got the MRI last week.....

Starter on the 89 wound up being good, it's either the inter lock switch, or the ignition switch. Too much pain to continue checking it out. At least I didn't have to take that SOB all the way off the truck!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso