The start of my 56 pickup

Discussion in 'Ford Truck Builds' started by 56panelford, Apr 27, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I still need to come up with a way to support the area by the cab mounts where I cut out the original transmission cross member.

2. pirahnah3 Founding Member

ok I wish I lived closer so I could learn how to do that! I can tear apart pumps and valves and everything else at work, and put it back together but man fabrication just amazes me sometimes.

3. pirahnah3 Founding Member

where abouts in the pics?

4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New project 185 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

The one behind the new looking one, I cut it cut so the transmission would be able to be pulled if necessary .

5. pirahnah3 Founding Member

what about coming up behind it with a couple of triangular braces with a connector, putting a point on the chasis and then the long edge of an acute triange across the underside of the cab using it also as another cab mount?

almost kinds sorta like flipping over hte piece that is there

6. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

John what are your plans for the transmission, just service it or a shift kit ????

7. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I will likely run the transmission as it is for now Gerry, I knew the man who owned the truck and said the mileage on the odometer was accurate at 93K and said it run good, I'll take his word for now, clean up and paint motor and transmission and cross my fingers. My main goal is to get everything operational for now, if things fail I'll look into a crate motor and beefed up transmission.

8. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

The cross member in question actually hangs down lower than the new Heidts cross member, I'm going to try modifying it to bolt back in and get it close to the same height.

I meant to quote you Jim:)

9. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 194 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

Motor installed

10. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 196 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

There is plenty of room for the mechanical fan and the original fan shroud for the 223cu in. is perfectly centered with the fan but will need to be trimmed to clear the pulleys. I want to see if I can find a factory serpentine system for it first before I do trim it though.

11. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Great Job John! You going to make the hood open like mine?
    ai620.photobucket.com_albums_tt282_dustybumpers_fredstruck010.jpg #ad

12. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 197 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

As stated earlier I am working on the fenders presently between yard work. I don't possess any descent F100 fenders and opted to modify the F600 fenders I had that are pretty much rust free.

13. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Yes I am Charlie:) My panel opens that way too. I believe your system is a little different though.

14. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I used the hinge setup off an 85 olds. If I were to do it again, I would use parts from a BMW

15. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 198 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

Cut these out of the fenders that were on my pane originally, this side is the better of the two.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
Tags:
virtuoso