The start of my 56 pickup

Discussion in 'Ford Truck Builds' started by 56panelford, Apr 27, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Actually it's been a somewhat of a disappointing summer. Second trip out in it I noticed a coolant leak that appeared to be coming from behind the bell housing and was told that the Windsor motors had frost plugs back there so I pulled the transmission to discover that was a lie..:( Back in went the C6. Then I decided to put an AOD in it and bought one from Jegs only to find out it was a junker that had just been prettied up with a fine paint job and a flashy pan. Pulled it out and sent it back for refund, lost some of my cash on exchange rate and brokerage and oil. C-6 went back in so I could once again drive it. Bought another AOD from a transmission shop 300 miles from me ,hoping there won't be any trouble this time. Next week I'll be doing the swap again..also have some shorty headers I'll put on it . I'll see how it runs after that but may purchase the rest of the top end kit from Edlebrock later.

OldjunkFords likes this.
  2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

3. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

IMG_1620.jpg #ad

Didn't realize I hadn't posted pics of the interior..

whomrig, dustybumpers, JWC 3 and 2 others like this.
  5. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Looks fantastic..........and not the first time I have heard this about Jeggs.

56panelford likes this.
  6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

It was advertised as a dynoed transmission good for 480 hp. Before I even drove the truck after installing the transmission I called them to make sure I had done everything right in regards with the TV cable, they say I was good to go, this thing wouldn't shift. They said to take it to a shop and have it checked out, I did, governor was seized and worn out , there was metal in the pan and bushings were scored. I did recover most of my money but still out of pocket close to $500. Learned never to purchase from them again...

7. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That's a heck of a charge for what sounds like a fraudulent transaction right from the get go...

56panelford and JWC 3 like this.
  8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

TV cable easy to adjust John. Hold to full throttle, and hit the spring. Lock it down. test drive, should shift just fine. After 100 miles, do it again, for cable stretch

Ezy Pzy

56panelford likes this.
  9. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

John, your rig looks great!!!!

56panelford likes this.
  10. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I'm using the Lokar cables on this Charlie but set it up with the pressure gauge...

11. wpnaes Southwest Chapter

Checking in on the dark side thread John; depending on the winter you may be able to drive her into December.

56panelford likes this.
  12. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

That would be nice, latest I drove the panel last year was November 13th

13. roscoe 0202

I love your truck fine work from start to finish.
    roscoe

JWC 3 likes this.
  14. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

IMG_1746 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

Backing it out of the shop onto the street so I could have room to work on the panel

15. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
Tags: