The start of my 56 pickup

Discussion in 'Ford Truck Builds' started by 56panelford, Apr 27, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Panel coming together 014 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

This is what I have on the panel, it's the one from CPP and one the Midfifty sells. I copied the design and have half the parts made already.

2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 202 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

I cut the opening out of the F600 and positioned the F100 behind clamped and also used celeco fasteners to keep it from shifting and scribed from the backside.

3. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 203 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

Then started the welding process taking my time.

4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 206 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

Cleaned up the welds then with a light underneath the fender spot welded any areas that were missed.

5. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 205 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

Took this shot just to show the difference in the openings between the F100 and F600

6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

The driver side is just about as far along as the passenger side fender now but both need to be trimmed shorter to fit the front roll pan as the F600 is about 3/4" in the difference
    New Project 200 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

Also the rear section has to be shortened to fit the running boards . This is where I am in the project to date, after I finish these fenders the plan is to install a fuel tank and finish up any work that needs to be done to the frame, disassemble everything and sandblast and paint the frame.

7. Stewart Founding Member

Ah, ok, that answers my previous questions asked earlier. ai59.photobucket.com_albums_g314_StarGazr9z_Smilies_thumbs_up.gif #ad

Stewart

8. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Again well done John, great workmanship

9. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I guess it was a little late coming Stewart, sorry about that.....me bad,lol

Stewart likes this.
  10. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Bad means good, ask Micheal Jackson, oh wait........

11. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 209 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

This was the quilting B I attended yesterday. I even made more work for myself because I cut too much out and had to put a filler piece 1/4" wide. It fits up well to the front roll pan now but I'll have to take my time in welding this up.

67nukeford likes this.
  12. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

This is the same fender and thankfully the worse one, both the front and rear bottom sections of the wheel well opening were rusted through.
    New Project 211 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

67nukeford likes this.
  13. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Continuing around the rear lower section I need to shorten what bolts up to the running board.
    New Project 212 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

Once I get this last piece tacked in place I'll pull the fender off the truck and get it on the saw horses to make it more comfortable to weld on, this laying on the floor is childs play and I'm no longer a child.

67nukeford likes this.
  14. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Very time consuming to make it nice eh John

15. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I managed to get most of it welded up today but still need to grind down some of my welds then check for any pin holes. This fender also needs a patch cut out and a new piece welded in up by the side cowl. The right hand side should go a lot quicker, it's the better of the 2. Then I need to start work on the inner fenders.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
Tags: