The Wolf Cub "Assembly of Japanese Automobile require great peace of mind"

Discussion in 'Other Projects' started by Greywolf, May 1, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I'm going to do some shopping around, aftermarket for these isn't nearly as bad as it could be thanks to an entire Geo Metro and Suzuki Tracker cult that's out there.

*It's the same Suzuki 1.3L used in Tracker, Samurai and a few others

2. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Continuing on - the head is off, and yeah....

Muchas roughness AMONDO! That cam felt like a nasty brake disk being rotated.
    But the good news is, I could still turn it with a wrench on the cam sprocket, so there is hope that the entire head has not been completely trashed.

Hmm... A small test here.

DAMN! I think I like the second way of posting it. I created a playlist with all the related videos about it, and it seems to work like a charm.

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Ahh...

I just got "THE WORD" from the people who know best.
    That whole engine is trash, it needs a different one that is worth messing with.

~ You CAN'T rebuild that cylinder head, once it's ruined it is gone.
    ~ You can order a replacement, or get a used one that might be questionable.
    ~ The best shop in Memphis is not set up with machine equipment to do the block and crank (or you can go with a traditional shop, but why?)
    ~ Like many other newer engines, it is designed as a "THROW AWAY"

It's a piece of crap, and it will always be a piece of crap

The option is to upgrade to a better engine and transaxle, but this is the point where a smart man says:
    "I need some other car"

~I'm not gonna part with it, it will be a "SOME DAY" thing

But as it stands right now it's a smoking pile of crap that is just like the Ranger project. It would take too much to get it right, when I should be able to walk down the road and find something better that runs. And my GOD how that stings...

I have always been one, when I am whipped and beaten, to try to get up bloody faced and all - and not accept that.
    "Is that all you've GOT? Did your granny teach you to HIT?"

But this car needs to go back to the sidelines, into the pits.

On it too I am wasting my time and cash.
    (for now) I have to let it go and hunt elsewhere

I hate to have to say that but it is facing me square. I woke up this morning for some reason (even before I called the machine shop and got the low-down) I was thinking about something I was told a long time ago by a very smart guy.

I was supremely angry at someone, we had become dire enemies, and this fella's comment was:
    "I can see that - but I don't understand it. And the reason is that I can see no advantage in it."

(?)

That one comment spoke to re-evaluating what I was doing and why, not to mention the cost.

Break it down, and what you have is that you are spending a truckload on something that is only a distraction - rather than doing what is NECESSARY

That car might be cool later, but it's a dead end for now - collectable as it may be.

I need a whole car, at least for now - even if it's a bomb

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  4. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

It is SIDELINED!

I have a new ride on the way that blows it completely away, and runs.

FORD FESTIVA 1600 16V (CAPRI XR2 engine) TURBO

Coming home this week

5. Critter Vet Zone Founding Member

Dear god, Dutch bought a rally car.

6. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

We need some pictures!

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Sorry Dutch, couldn't resist!

Seriously though, good to see you got some wheels. :)

JWC 3 likes this.
  8. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Instead of taking up several different threads I am consolidating all of my projects under the single thread "WOLFIE NATION"

9. Paul Masley Founding Member

That is shocking, isn't it.

10. captchas

these are ralley cars paul. my blue 64 and a buddies red 65

DSCN0664.JPG #ad

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso