Truck douchebags

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by FTZ HAIC, Dec 26, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The guys in those trucks did two things people at diesel pumps don't do: they went out of their way to be deliberate a-holes, and then they rubbed it in the Telsa owner's face by taunting them.

I've been in the situation before where I needed the diesel pump and a gasser was there. Yeah, it bothers me but for the most part they are there because they're ignorant about diesel, not to be malicious.

Do I care personally if it gives people driving trucks a bad rep? No. But I do care who it might happens to next, and we see more truck related regulations. The rolling coal regulation in NJ happened after some jerk rolled coal into a NJ legislator's car (not that I condone rolling coal, I just don't want more regulation!).

Campspringsjohn and XDM45 like this.
  2. masakimm Vet Zone

Had the said guy try and tell me that they were not cracking down on rolling coal and such and that the epa was not going after the aftermarket tuners for said problems just because we got real and told a guy we were not there to help him roll coal. I mean when ur topic is smoke switch and ur question is how to my my truck blow smoke no tjat dont fly with me. My truck blows a small puff of smoke if I get on it hard and it upsets me.

dustybumpers likes this.
  3. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

The tazar incident with me was a gas pump lash out by a butt head.
    He was being a line jumping jerk, I just wanted diesel. He pulled the race card, I wasn't in the mood, plus I just got out of the hospital.
    When he reached for me I lit him up
    Kept lighting him up til the cops got there.
    He got locked up. NOT me.

Moral?
    Don't screw with the old fart with the long hair pumping diesel

XDM45 likes this.
  4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I was involved in this one too.
    We tried to play nice, but the guy wouldn't have it.

In the end, Tom modded the thread, and has a whole bunch of material to blackmail us with.....

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The older I get the less tolerant I seem to be with people when they do stuff like that (line jumping and other crap that is deliberately inconsiderate of others).

dustybumpers and XDM45 like this.
  7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

After the fines SCT got, they announced to their tuning dealers that next month some of the parameters in the software will be turned off, only available to those who can present a justifiable need. It's a sure bet they will go after other tuning companies later (or they will voluntarily scale back on what their tuning software can do so the EPA doesn't go after them like they did SCT).

It's not the average guy with tunes that might skirt the rules just a tad, people who take it to extremes that end up ruining it for everyone. I don't want things to get to the point where its like it is in California. Any non-CARB certified part or modification that could possibly effect emissions (even if it doesn't) won't pass even if the car passes a tailpipe test. Heck, someone on www.z28.com recently had to get a temporary California permit just to drive the Camaro he had in storage to another state, he was moving out of California, because it wouldn't pass their visual emissions inspection.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >