urethane frame paint on engine block

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by jniolon, Jun 4, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

If they turned blue, the car is running hot John.

2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I can't complain about these as they were free, I figured it was just what happened to stainless headers, just about every set I've seen blued.

3. Paul Masley Founding Member

I have seen chrome and also stainless headers yellow red past the collector flanges down to the crossover (one hot floorboard in the racecar). Once they cooled down, they were blue. Glowing headers is not overheat, but an indication that the engine getting rid of the exhaust gas as fast as possible.

4. AXracer Founding Member

Are your headers listed for a Mustang? That's the same style Sanderson header (for Mustang) we are using on Gary's F1 build (2007 4.6L 3V from M GT) The driver's side would not clear Toy steering box so we offset engine 1" to pass side for room and built prototype block hugger style dummy header out of PVC for driver's side. Sent it to Sanderson and they are building custom header for driver's side from prototype. They were so excited and impressed with prototype that they were taking it and their repro header to a show this past weekend to show off their custom work!
    Tried to upload a picture of the proto, but it needs to be on the web. :(

5. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Pictures don't need to be on the web, you can upload them right off you computer.

6. AXracer Founding Member

20150809_153330_resized.jpg #ad
    Let me try it: Ok, I didn't notice the more options button before or know what it did.
    This is the driver's side header prototype made from PVC pipe for the driver's side of Gary's truck. Sanderson supplied the raw flange and collector. The straps were added/tacked to the flange after the prototype was assembled on the truck so to be sure everything would stay together when shipped. Sanderson told Gary they would smooth out the bends, had to use what was available in elbows at Home Depot :D The elbow OD was identical to the OD of the pipe Sanderson used for the pass side header, so we could be sure everything would clear. Can't wait to see it finished

dustybumpers likes this.
  7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I don't think that header is going to last long! You're going to end up with white goo melted all over the engine bay.

Kidding.

dustybumpers likes this.
  8. AXracer Founding Member

At least it won't turn blue...

dustybumpers likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >