Ranger V8 Rangers - The Mustang Of Ford Trucks

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by Greywolf, Apr 26, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Oh hell no.. That would be blasphemy!!!!
    Never shall a GM touch a Ford in my herd!!!!!

LOL

Probably look for another 80-86 short bed pick up

2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Just wondering Charlie :)

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It is a horsepower monster for it's size, and can handle lots more power with boost. 750 HP easily, much more with a little work. Roush was instrumental in it's design, and did a lot of testing with Ford on it. I remember when the rumors were first floating around about the engine, and some photos leaked out. :)

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Nice cars but I can't look at one of them with thinking of these two (clip is a perfect response too!)

dustybumpers likes this.
  5. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I was told the 351 w could handle those numbers too.

6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

That supposed to be you and me Ken....lol

7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

You should sit THAT clip in the How's Your Friggin Day chat thread where the battles usually are..........IT FITS TO A T

OMG I wish there was a bigger LIKE button.............LMAO

8. NRA4ever Founding Member

I just had a friend give me a Lincoln with a 300 hp 5.0 good transmission & rearend. I have to build my 5.0 Ranger now. I was going to put a head on the pos 3.0 but not now.

9. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Put a head on the 3.slow.............. sell for money for the 5. GO swap!

10. NRA4ever Founding Member

I have a complete Lincoln with 5.0 good transmission & rearend. I got it free. I plan to sell all parts from 3.0. It has a good transmission weak 3.0 & good rearend. One of my friends called M0nday & gave me his car for a doner to build a V8 Ranger. He said he wants to run it a few runs at the track for payment for his car. I don't have a bunch of friends but the ones I have are top notch.

11. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

(!)
    3.0 into the Lincoln, 5.0 into a machine shop to have it milled, build it and drop it into the Ranger.

Meanwhile the Lincoln gets "offed" to cover the gaskets and misc parts...

A whole running car even if it's done with a quart or two of motor honey is still worth more than a parts dog for a car most people don't bother with. Sound real?

12. NRA4ever Founding Member

The body on the Lincoln is shot. The motor runs great. The transmission has about 15k on a fresh rebuild. I'm not opening up any part of the motor, transmission or rearend. You can stick a hot battery in the car & it fires right up. Marty runs it a little every month but decided against building a V8 Ranger to finish his 47 Dodge truck. He has a 300 I6 Ford motor for it. Plus he is almost done with his 40 something Harley. I forget what year but it's real close too. He is having hip surgery soon & decided to clear out his yard by giving me the car. I gave him two custom stained glass doors units & installed them on his house this year. It's his payback. He is a real friend. He is a great machinist & welder. I do wood work for him & he does his trades for me. In my book he is the kind of friend I want & I try to treat him the same way. I like being back where I grew up. I have about 6 or 7 friends here like Marty. I'd give anyone of them the shirt off my back cause I know they would do the same for me. You can bet on who I will use to do the welding on my Ranger. It will need spring & shock mounts on the rearend.
    I don't plan to keep this Ranger long after I build it. I'll play with it till I get a good offer on it. I will use the money to rebuild my F250.I have all the body parts I just need the front drivers side pulled out so the fender will fit. I plan to use all the white parts from my donor truck & paint the cab so I can have a white F250.I like my 4 door Superduty. It rides like a car. It's about as fast as I expect the Ranger to be & it tows my tractor so well. With head studs & custom tuning It will be faster than the Ranger & ride good. The Ranger is rough riding & too small for my taste. I'll keep my Ram 1500 & F250. Both ride way better than a Ranger.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >