Veterans Zone Va Hospital Experiance.

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by masakimm, Apr 23, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Nice to hear you're still vertical and taking nourishment Wolfie.

My turn tomorrow (the 13th) with the VA Hospital in Portland at 0800. Six month check so they can run a camera around my guts and take an up close and personal look at things. Hopefully I'll be out of there no later than 1000. 3 hours of driving into the big city for about an hour of waiting and 30 minutes of procedure.
    Sounds to me like a stop at Cabela's (R&R and as a moral booster) on the way home may be in order.

Greywolf and masakimm like this.
  2. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I tell ya what - I have never met people who cared so much about VETERANS as they do in Memphis VAMC

I had no idea they would treat anything at all but a service connected problem, but they saved me from Prostate Cancer - an operation that cost $120,000 US dollars....
    And the PEOPLE! They were absolutely wonderful, I love them

Next time I go there i am going to bring a whole bunch of books so that people who are in the beds there have something to read. I also want to bring them some exotic ferns and such, maybe some Christmas Cactus for the areas where patients can chill and gather some hope

My Momma had Christmas Cacti - pink and yellow. But there are many more.....
    It's a thing I do

"Just be a simple, kind of a man. Won't you do this for me Son, if you can"

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >