Wash, Polish, and Wax....what do you use?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by pirahnah3, May 11, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. MCDavis Founding Member

I use it on the 8" MFT screen in the '13. Meg's site claims its safety too. Now it's not a protectant just a detailer. Doesn't leave a film or a shine just leaves a nice clean surface and a hint of a sharp clean smell that doesn't linger.

2. pirahnah3 Founding Member

One of the products you really might like is their VRT (Vinyl Rubber Tire) leaves a nice not totally matte finish but not overly shiny. It also does not let wax onto the surfaces. That product I have seen used and performed as stated.

3. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

This, I need to look into. I hate too much shine on tires - and I've not found a product I really like yet.

4. pirahnah3 Founding Member

Check them out at Carlisle. They usually have Demos and such.

here is a vid from them on the VRT

5. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

I picked up some aerosol products from them at Carlisle last year. Name escapes me, but I use it under the hood for hoses, plastic and such. That's when I really sort of endorsed them as a product I would choose. I still have quantities of other stuff, so I didn't grab a LOT of their products then because I didn't want to waste anything, but I will be picking some up soon.

6. pirahnah3 Founding Member

Probably their in and out spray, I think that is one of their only two aerosol products.

7. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

I think that's it. I do like it, especially that it's a fairly "dry to the touch" type product. I'm big on that overall, really, when it comes to plastic treatments. The greasy, oily feel is just not good - especially for the dirt it attracts at a show like the Bloomsburg Jamboree where it's so dusty and dirty, or just in daily driving even.

8. Kajtek1 Founding Member

New technology comes on the market all the time, but few years ago that was long topic on RV forum about rubber and plastic treatment.
    At the time Formula 303 was the only protectant that would not actually damage the rubber, like other shiners do.
    It is excellent on fiberglass and my boat was sprayed top to bottom (works well as water repellent on windshield)
    It is not long lasting, but "spray on, wipe off, no cleaning necessary" application felt just right.
    Not recommended to spray paint thought.

9. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

I hit my rig with the clay bar and it came out quite nice. i followed up with meguires wax

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  10. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

Getting ready to try Meguiars........

'Deep Crystal' car wash and 'Black' wax.......

On the 2018 Corolla SE.

Yeah, yeah....I know. "Corolla". Why bother? :D

Don't get me wrong.....it's got about everything you can put into a car, but.......well......it's a Corolla......

Anyway, I had past issues with black vehicles. I've been told the 'Black' wax from Meguiars was the bomb.......and I was all set to spend a bit of time today washing and waxing her. ALL WEEK it's been sunny and the high 60s to low 70s. Today? My day off??? Well.......low 50s, cloudy and occasional drizzle, of course.........

:cool:

11. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

F--kin' Texas.....(shaking head)........:woot:

12. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Good product, works well, BUT
    Do SMALL 1' X 1" square spots at a time on your first run
    stay in the shade, keep out of the heat

Wipe ALL the dust off before you continue to the next spot
    Worth it, it will glow in the dark......

13. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

LMAO, was talkin about the wax......

14. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

In Western Oregon we just use a good quality Marine wax, one that holds up well in the water:giggle:anim...which ever happens to be on Sale when we are running low....

In all seriousness, Usually New Finish or Meguiars on both the boat and the cars/pickup. Have a Meguiars spray and wipe that I keep with the boat for when we pull out of a brackish or salt water environment and do a wipe down.

15. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I use it on the Roush and like the results. Wear gloves and don't get it on anything that isn't black. :)

XDM45 likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >