Wash, Polish, and Wax....what do you use?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by pirahnah3, May 11, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. TruckerT88

It will be nice to keep up with this thread, nowadays we have ceramic and graphene coating. But nothing beats the carnauba wax, I am more of the traditional guy and it takes the stress out of me when I clean and wax my truck on a lazy Sunday. I normally use Wolfgang Paint sealant and top it off with Meguiars Gold class premium carnauba. If you are the kind of guy who doesn't have a garage it is better to ceramic coat it to protect the clear coat. it is not watermarks proof but it will be the sacrificial layer when things get a little contaminated.

2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

I tried a product called F-11 this year, and I have to say it's great.

TruckerT88 likes this.
  3. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I've started using the Hybrid Ceramic upload_2020-10-7_6-52-31.jpeg #ad
    on the cars, pickup and the camper. I don't use it on the boat. Seems to work pretty well in the PNW and after the initial application is super simple and easy to put on. Seems pretty durable and the bug collection goes away quickly with little to no scrubbing. Most of the bug hose off.

KW5413 and TruckerT88 like this.
  4. Nez5000

mothers products.
    mothers.com

5. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I had the Nova and the Cutlass ceramic coated and they really popped. But, I am not sure I would do it again and I only paid a quarter to a third of the normal price, in the DFW area. My detail buddy offered to coat my new truck at the same rate, but I declined. I think ceramic is more hype than value...but, thats me...and I have yet to wrap my brain around the notion that a few ounces can cover an entire vehicle.

6. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I'm still using the [​IMG]#ad
    . It is relatively inexpensive, super easy to apply and seems to work just fine. Sure makes it easier to get bugs off. I know that after I put it on the camper, I was going to put some levels and a couple of other things on with the double sided application 3m tape. Big mistake. Should have put those on first. They don't like to stick on that stuff.

Our RV dealership puts on this stuff called Duratain. Supposed to be a 5 year product. Protects from sun fade, easier cleaning, yada yada....They charge $73.68 a lineal foot for that stuff. It would cost me $1400 to have our 19' roof line camper done, including the interior treatment. No thanks.

7. DonW

Griots Garage Foam Poly on Amazon. Inexpensive, super easy...no hand rubbing in any way. Used in 5th wheel and truck. It’s really amazing..

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >