What have you done to/with your truck today?

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by Critter, May 5, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

The pots are from a 95 Pontiac Grand Am. New Project 258 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad
    Using the original mounting point and some metal rods New Project 259 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad
    wrapped a bit of bubble wrap around the frame New Project 261 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad
    then fiberglass wool New Project 263 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad
    then some fiberglass kitty hair filler. I still have to wrap some fiberglass cloth around them for a final finish and paint.

2. NRA4ever Founding Member

I took my Ram to the shop to get the overdrive unit repaired. I've never worked on one. My friend that's fixing it thinks it is a snap ring broken or popped off. Cascade transmission parts told me they sell 60 to 70 of them every month. I just installed a Superior shift improvement kit & replaced all the solenoids. I used the heavy duty Borg Warner governor solenoid to raise my line pressure. Plus I replaced the front band with a heavy duty towing band. I have a heavy duty rear band but I'm letting Jerry install it. The shift kit did a great job. the shifts are much better than the slow factory settings. Floor the go petal & it shifts like I think all transmission should. Quick with no slipping The kit has 3 levels of performance. I used the middle one.

3. Critter Vet Zone Founding Member

It's been a long time. A lot has broken around the house and with the vehicles. Today I replaced both window motors and changed the oil in the Beast.

Saturday I had to drop almost $600 on the Nissan to correct the alignment and replace the front tires.

And last week I dropped over 600 on HER Ford for a thermostat repair.

And I've been dealing with stuff for my medical evaluation from the Army.

4. NRA4ever Founding Member

I put new tires on the Grand Marquis Sat. I'll wash& wax it this week.

5. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I built a center console to put between my buckets yesterday, will do the finishing touches to it today in preparation of upholstery which won't happen for awhile.

6. IDMooseMan Vet Zone TOTM Winner

Sounds like you had a busy couple of days. Good luck on you medical evaluation. I reopened/appealed some service-connected disability claims, so I'm in the process of going through that process again.

7. Critter Vet Zone Founding Member

More like a busy few weeks. I have to write up my annual evaluation too.

Today, I took the truck to work.

8. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 268 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad
    Here it is:)

Critter likes this.
  9. IDMooseMan Vet Zone TOTM Winner

Parked it on the street so the "new" cars my girls bought can be parked off of the street. I'll be driving the truck to my local truck club dinner meeting tonight.

10. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

Maintenance, maintenance, and more maintenance. I've got 3 with issues and we're solving them one by one.

11. IDMooseMan Vet Zone TOTM Winner

I need to that, too, Bill. Parked her back on the rocks so the girls don't have to play musical cars when one has to go to work or an interview.

12. NRA4ever Founding Member

The Marquis has a bad blend door or a vacuum leak. I think it's vacuum because it happens if you go up a big hill or if you gas it. The ac vents start blowing out the defrost. It's always something.

13. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 270 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad
    New Project 274 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad
    New Project 276 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad
    New Project 278 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

I'm doing rust repair to my hood, finished the under section piece yesterday and will tackle the outer skin today.

14. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

Chassis paint on the diesel now. Needs a good cleaning up to make it look better and last longer...

15. NRA4ever Founding Member

I'm waiting for the transmission shop to fix my truck. He is going to fix the overdrive & replace the rear band. It should be in good shape then. I put a Superior shift improvement kit ,front band & new solenoid kit in it already.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >