What have you done to/with your truck today?

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by Critter, May 5, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

You can make a quick fly by in one of those birds...lol

wpnaes likes this.
  2. wpnaes Southwest Chapter

Indeed, one statistic they shared was a record flight from the west coast to Washington DC in 68 minutes. :jawdrop:

56panelford likes this.
  3. White 97 XLT

Holy Cow!!! They must have been in a hurry!!!!:copdriving:

wpnaes likes this.
  4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

That's pretty darn fast...lol

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You could not get me in a bird going that fast. It took long enough for me to get used to regular air travel!

6. IDMooseMan Vet Zone TOTM Winner

I would love to take a ride on the Blackbird.

7. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Fastest thing I've been in is an F4 Phantom. A ride in the Blackbird would be a hoot!

If you ever get out this way, plan ahead and let me know. As long as I keep my membership up, I can get you a tour of the Evergreen Air and Space Museum in McMinnville...they won't fly you around in one, but you can see it up close and personal.
    140817_0021.jpg #ad
    140817_0022.jpg #ad
    140817_0024.jpg #ad

56panelford and bigrigfixer like this.
  8. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

My Dad and I heard the sonic boom from that Blackbird the day they did that trip. I didn't know what it was, but Dad knew right away that it was a sonic boom. He said that was a common thing to hear back in the 60's.

9. IDMooseMan Vet Zone TOTM Winner

Phineas Phantom's were the primary aircraft at my both of my duty stations. As a POL/LOX person, I had a lot of up close and personal time with most F4 models. I never did receive an incentive ride, but I do love being around aircraft in general.

A museum trip would an awesome way to spend the day.

10. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

To this project truck I painted the insides of the doors with por15 today..:)

11. IDMooseMan Vet Zone TOTM Winner

Took the truck to the shop on Friday. Finally getting the flexplate replaced. With Monday being a holiday, no classes are scheduled, so I'm hoping they can swap out the glow plugs, too. If they can do those projects for me before the shop closes Monday evening, the truck will be much more reliable than it has been over the last three years.

12. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Heater core in the 78 yesterday after work . I now have a real heater ....

56panelford likes this.
  13. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I'd take the P-51D over any of those jets.............

14. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

So would I, but it would be pretty darn crowded, especially if they left the radio in!

15. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Took the pickup and camper into town to top off the tanks and get the propane bottles filled. New kid at the station earlier this moring. Wouldn't fill the propane tanks because it has been 13 years since their last inspection. Told him it I thought it was O.K. as the pickup is 20 years old and the camper is 19 years old and neither of them had blown up! Didn't work. I hate it when they get a new kid in that follows the rules!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >