What have you done to/with your truck today?

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by Critter, May 5, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. bigrigfixer Article Contributor Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I took a tank to refill for my bbq last year and it expired a month before. No, they wouldn't fill it either. Then they said they'd charge me "only $20" to get rid of it for me.

Uh, thanks, but no thanks. I disposed of it at work for free, in the "expired tanks" holding cage.

2. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It is a real hit and miss affair. In the year they have been expired, those propane tanks have been filled more times than I can count. To be honest I hadn't given it a thought. We just bought this camper a couple of years ago and one of the "in writing" stipulations was that the tanks were to be inspected and valid for 12 years from date of purchase.

There are two Gas Companies in town about 17 miles from me that inspects tanks and recertifies them for $8.00 at one and $10.00 at the other. Then I will go have a conversation with the owner of the RV business we bought the camper from. Turkey had the audacity to send me birthday and Christmas cards this year.

3. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Today I completed some fixtures to hold my doors for when I paint them.

4. IDMooseMan Vet Zone TOTM Winner

The truck is still in the shop and will be for another day. The starter is "slightly" damaged from the missing teeth on the flexplate. UVCH are shot and the connectors have melted. It never ends. So, having all of those items fixed/replaced, plus the glow plugs. The flexplate was the main reason I took her to the shop, with the hope they'd have time to replace the glow plugs and get her back to me today. Not happening, but at least she'll be more reliable than ever when I get her back on Wednesday morning. I have classes all day on Tuesday. The shop closes before my last class on Tuesday ends.

5. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I fill em' myself at work................for free.

6. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I used to.....but my buddy closed the place up.:cry:anim
    I could take them to a neighboring farm, but I feel like a free loading leach every time I do. Dad took his over there all the time and they gave him free tractor diesel as well.
    Might just as well get them inspected. I'd hate to be at Diamond Lake or some other remote location and need them filled and have some "new" kid that calls me on it.

7. IDMooseMan Vet Zone TOTM Winner

Jim, I agree with that line of reasoning. I didn't know my trailer tanks were expired. Turns out, one of my tanks had a damaged seal. That's why I had to switch the tank over much faster than usual. I wound filling one trailer tank and my BBQ tank. That was the most expensive refill to date. If my trailer's roof didn't need replacement, I'd fix or replace that tank. Roof repairs cost more than my trailer is worth. So, the trailer sits by the side of the house and is used for visitors and my study room when my youngest is home during break from Eastern Oregon University.

8. Basically Crazy

Spring is coming around soon so I'm gonna get the inside cleaned out and do all the maintenance in advance of spring break to get it ready for a road trip. I plan to go on a fishing trip but I don't know where yet.

9. IDMooseMan Vet Zone TOTM Winner

Thought I mentioned I got my truck back from the shop last Wednesday, but it looks like I forgot. $1900 and all the "heavy" stuff is done now. Puddle Jumper is running much better now. I have some other parts I want to install, but don't have the warm weather to do it, yet. It's been a grey, foggy, and rainy day today. I stayed inside and did some homework in preparation for next week's exams.

10. NRA4ever Founding Member

I enjoyed cruising in my truck today. It gave me hell this week. One of the injectors I put in was bad. I put a old one in till the replacement gets here.

11. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Today I started block sanding in preparation of base/clear..:)

JWC 3, FTZ HAIC and jniolon like this.
  12. IDMooseMan Vet Zone TOTM Winner

Wasn't today, but last night, my local truck club had it's monthly dinner meeting. I drove her out to Caldwell, ID, to a restaurant I hadn't been to before. I plan on going back. I think Susi will like the food, too.

13. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

John what are you blocking with 440 ??

14. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I'm using 400 grit John as per instruction on the paint sheet.. it's slow going but coming out nice..:)

JWC 3 likes this.
  15. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 511 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

Slowly getting it all blocked out and ready for paint, just the 2 doors and hood and front fenders and a major clean up to the shop...:arghh::happy:anim:clap:anim

wpnaes, dustybumpers, jniolon and 2 others like this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >