When Or Why Did You Start Driving Fords?

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by Major Malfunktion, Sep 24, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

For me my first vehicle was a 1970 cj5. still have it.
    first truck was a 1970 dodge d100, drove it over 250,000 miles. traded it in for a nissan pathfinder for my wife and got her 1977 chevy at 550,000 miles gave it to my son and he totaled it in less than a year.
    was given a 1980 chevy sport, drove it for years, gave it to my daughter.
    decided I needed a diesel as the job I had had a lot of wast jet fuel, best deal I found was on a 1990 f250 7.3L IDI bought it drove it for several years. got my '97 powerstroke for $6,000 with only 80,000 miles on it.
    I now have '95 powerstroke
    3 '97 powerstroke
    99 powerstroke
    2000 excursion powerstroke
    and 5 jeeps

2. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

It was in 1997 I scored my first Ford a 1996 T-bird LX, went thru 4 heater cores though. I was in the market for a pick-up and scored a 1960 F-350 flatbed. in aug 2002 I got a 2000 F-150 supercab 8' bed drove that to Sedona AZ. Drove that till I saw a 2001 F-250 and just had to have it. Gas prices here in SF bay area went past $4 per gallon, traded that on a 2008 Jeep wrangler. In april 2013 I saw my current rig I only wanted to look at it. Got a smoking deal on it, an offer I could not refuse you might say. I am the 5th owner of the F-150 4x4

56panelford and Sick6 like this.
  3. Dern F1

It was in 1962 in High School working on my 1929 Ford Tudor.

56panelford and FTZ HAIC like this.
  4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

because I wanted one of these
    [​IMG]#ad

5. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

Hey John, is this a dealer installed "accessory"? ha ha

56panelford likes this.
  6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I think so
    and sorry I bought mine used...:)

7. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Mine's worn out..........can I get a new one on warranty?

56panelford likes this.
  8. NRA4ever Founding Member

My first truck was a GMC. It was a pos. I traded it for a 66 F100. Great truck. I drove it for 12 years. I replaced the 352 with a 390 out of a police car. It made a good truck even better. It would run with many of the cars of that time. I think it had 335 hp. I used the c6 with it instead of the 3 speed manual. My family drives Fords. My first car was a 2 door 97 Galaxy 500. I have owned lots of Fords & 4 Dodge trucks. I can't knock my Dodge trucks. They lasted just as long as my Fords.

9. Truck Runner

When I growing up most of my family had Fords so it was pretty easy to get one myself. I knew if I needed it they could help me out. I always like the Mustang too so it felt natural to stick with Ford.

10. FordTuff84n02

Even though my late father was a GM guy , I always liked the looks of Fords better so when I bought my first truck I found a nice 79 f150 4x4 , 351 with just over 18,000 miles on her. Paid $4500 cash from a local chevy dealer. This was in late 1980. I was 18 years old.

My dad, the GM guy's, next truck was an 82 F150 4x4 ...He drove until he passed away in 2004.

bigrigfixer and FTZ HAIC like this.
  11. Critter Vet Zone Founding Member

I guess it was a family thing for me. The first car I remember in the family was an 86 LTD Crown Victoria. My grandparents car. Mom's only really had Ford trucks, and my first vehicle was an 81 F150. My first car was a 73 Mercury Cougar XR7.

I'm on my 3rd turn of the decade 80's Ford, and plan to keep this one a long time. Finally made my wife happy when I bought her a Ford Explorer. Only thing left is to trade the Golf for a RHD GT-R.

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  12. BKW Founding Member

Chrysler hemi (331 cid) introduced in 1951, Desoto hemi introduced in 1953.

No such thing as a Olds Delta 88 until the mid 1960's, 1957 Rocket V8 was 371 cid.

E. L. Cord owned Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg and...Lycoming.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  13. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

So maybe he hogged out my Mom's car, or they got it from someone who did - it was a 400 "Rocket Motor", the fact is.

Are you trying to get me fired?

I'd submit my resignation, but I don't have a job :giggle:anim

56panelford likes this.
  14. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

The REDHEAD, or the RANCHERO?

It don't git better'n that either way...

PS: I think "DIXIE CUPS" have just been redefined...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    56panelford, JWC 3 and whomrig like this.
  15. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

I agree.....

56panelford and JWC 3 like this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso