Your truck as it is now.

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by JWC 3, Jun 27, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

You should see his Crown Vic!

Paul Masley likes this.
  2. Paul Masley Founding Member

It is quite blacked out. Looks like a shadow at night except for the aluminum wheels. I am planning on painting what chrome and the wheels chrome black in the future.

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I've often thought of using black primer with a coat of clear, just to see how light absorbing it might be.

4. Paul Masley Founding Member

That will just make the primer shine. They do make a matte clear just for that. It is hard as hell to apply.

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

An alternative might be just to shoot a base coat - and then spray primer over it. That way the underlayer would be sealed, and the outside "FUZZY". What do you think? Maybe a possible for one of the Festiva's?

Just imagine:
    A "STEALTH FESTIVA"... :blackalien:

I could put a muffler on it for a 302, and it would be totally silent but have as much flow as an open header! :D

*YES, I'm cracked. Everyone else wants to sound impressive, but I'd rather my ride was invisible.
    It's "REVERSE FART CAN METHODOLOGY"

HEY- WATCH OUT! You don't want to spill that on your keyboard...​

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    JWC 3 likes this.
  6. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Or......
    what we do, is shoot single stage acrylic, and put a flattening agent in it

Primer finish appearance, final coat.......

primer absorbs water over time, so shooting primer as a finish coat is not a good idea

JWC 3 likes this.
  7. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

So a matte finish coat over a base coat to seal it...

I'm about to collect a chassis that is in a lot better shape than the DD I'm running. The whole front end is gutted out, but the body is sound as the YEN. I can put the car I have now away once the B6T car is ready, and then swap everything over to the new chassis. I plan to strip it to the bone and paint it inside and out before doing anything. "FIRE SALE" method - everything must go!

Besides, it's whore house red. I won't drive a car that's that color, it attracts the wrong kind of attention

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >